For most homeowners or homebuyers, the transaction of buying or selling a home will be the largest financial transaction that one will make in their lifetime. Buyers purchase homes for many reasons, not only for their desire to own a home, but also due to circumstance such as family situations, change in jobs, etc. and the same can go for one selling a home. The National Association of Realtors shared some interesting statistics from 2014.
• Thirty-three percent of recent homebuyers were first time buyers, which is still suppressed from the historical norm of 40 percent among primary residence buyers.
• For 43 percent of homebuyers, the first step in the home-buying process was looking online for properties and 12 percent of homebuyers first looked online for information about the home buying process.
• Real estate agents were viewed as a useful information source by 98 percent of buyers who used an agent while searching for a home.
• Seventy percent of home sellers only contacted one agent before selecting the one to assist with their home sale.
• The share of home sellers who sold their home without the assistance of a real estate agent was nine percent. Forty-four percent knew the buyer prior to home purchase.
The reason we share these important statistics is to showcase how important it is to call on a qualified real estate agent to assist you with the buying or selling of your home. Having the knowledge of a qualified realtor is invaluable. While you may be an expert in one area, the real estate market is constantly evolving and it is important to be in the know of this market to ensure you are making the best moves to ensure the best deal.
Paul Slutsky has been a resident of Broward County for over 20 years and has been in the real estate industry long before. Paul is completely committed to ensuring that his buyers and sellers are satisfied from start to finish. As you can see from the above statistics, real estate agents were viewed as a useful information source by 98 percent of buyers and only 9 percent of home sellers did not use an agent last year. Save the headache and successfully sell or buy your home today with Paul!